Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Through the Purple Haze January 2020 Challenge - My first project of the year!



For my first card as DT for Through The Purple Haze Challenge, I chose to make a Valentine Card. This challenge is to use a stencil. I used a stencil for the heart in the center of my stamped image. I used a variety of water colors for this card. I used my beloved set of Sakura Koi watercolors and My Tom Bows.

I love using watercolors, as it is so relaxing to color an image. I created a background mixing pixie dust, which is very sparkly with the watercolors. I also used Crafter's Companion glitter inks too. The card came out beautifully. "The Happiest Days are Spent with You" stamp is by Spellbinders, but the heart in the center was not showing up well, thus I used a heart stencil to make the card pop. Don't be afraid to try new things.

I used a small wooden tag, and colored it with my alcohol markers and used raffia to create a ribbon. The card has a mixed media vibe. I just love how this card came out.

This month's challenge with Through the Purple Haze is to use a stencil. What could be more fun? Why don't you challenge yourself and give it a try?

No comments:

Post a Comment