Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2020

Cherry Blossom Bird - ever so pretty!



For this card I chose Cherry Blossom Bird stamp from KLM Designs. KLM has both photo polymer and digital stamps. This image is a digital stamp, but their photo polymer stamps are awesome!

This was a fun card to create. I wanted to use the sentiment "Sending Hugs" which came with the stamp set. I thought that it was important to have an uplifting background for the sentiment and stamp.

This is a 5x7 card. I used Copic Xpress paper and cut it to size. To create the rainbow background, I used Tim Holtz Distress Crayons. To create this background, I colored with the crayons. I took a baby wipe and saturated the colors. Once the colors were dry I used a bit of Spectrum Noir glitter ink. I took a thin paint brush and created a marble affect. 

I colored the bird with Copics in shades of orange, yellow, blue and greens. I used lilacs, red, and green for the flowers.

 Distress Crayons:

  • Seedless Preserves
  • Chopped Sapphire
  • Peeled Paint
  • Fossilized Amber
  • Festive Berries

Spectrum Noir gold glitter ink

Copics:

Bird - Y11, Y13, Y15, Y16, Y35, B02, B04, B12, G03, G05, ans G12

Flowers - V000, V01, V95, R24, R27, and R29.

 I used my Scan N Cut to cut out the stamp and used dimensionals to pop it up on the card. I used a bit of twine to set off the image and a gold sun embellishment too. I think the card is just perfect to give to someone who is having a difficult time.


No comments:

Post a Comment