Pages

Monday, October 31, 2022

Cupcake Feast Trio from the Crafty Witches and Alcohol Markers

 


I absolutely love colouring with alcohol markers. I love how easy it is to shade and highlight an image. I selected these adorable cupcakes from The Crafty Witches to demonstrate how lovely alcohol ink is and it doesn't matter what alcohol marker is that you use. The digital stamp that I selected is the Cupcake Feast Trio. I often hear people say that they are afraid to use their alcohol markers or that they do not know which one to buy. My suggestion is to buy the ones that fit  your budget. I do not have a full set of any one brand, but I have a few from Spectrum Noir and Spectrum Noir Illustrators, Copics, and Dick Blick markers. I love brush markers, but not all of mine have a brush nib. You can use your markers interchangeably. For these cupcakes I used one brand for each cupcake. I wanted you to see that the brand really doesn't matter as much as you think.

 The purple and pink cupcake wrappers are coloured with Spectrum Noirs. I have Illustrators and Classiques. I use them interchangeably. The icing and cherries for these cupcakes are also coloured with Spectrum Noir markers. I think that they are wonderful.

 The two green cupcakes are coloured with Promarkers. Again, I used Promarkers for the icing, cake and cherries. The ink blends so well. I love them.

 I used my Dick Blick markers on the yellow cupcake. I used light brown and dark brown for the icing and a lighter green for the icing near the cherry. 

 Lastly, I used Copics on the blue cupcake. I used a brown Copic for the icing and reds for the straw. Copics are the most expensive and they do blend really well, but you can use any of the brands. The point is to colour and have fun.

Looking at the cherries, which were all coloured with different markers, do you really see a big difference?

 I plan to make cards with all these lovely cupcakes and will post them soon. I am pleased to announce that I am a DT for the Crafty Witches and will be posting lots of cute cards. 

Please follow me on my social media: Link Tree


No comments:

Post a Comment