Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Christmas Eve a SheepSki Designs stamp

Water colors (L) and Copics (R)

I created 2 cards with Christmas Eve by SheepSki designs. I wanted to compare coloring with Copics to painting with water colors. Both cards came out beautifully. I used similar colors and paper for both cards. As you can see the card on the left, which I used water colors on has more depth. While the card on the right as more sheen in the highlights. Both cards I think are lovely. SheepSki has just beautiful artwork and stamps are all gorgeous. I created a 6 x 6 card for each.




Copics used:

Hair - E79, E74, and E71
Jacket - YG03 and G99 for the stripe and W4 and W2 for the rest of the jacket
Jeans and color - B16 and B14
Puppy - E11 and E21

I used distress inks to create the back ground and to make the moon appear to glow.

As you can see the there is a nice shadow and highlight on the jacket. To create dimension in the hair, I start with my lightest color E71 and then layer the colors. I use v strokes with the darkest color E79 to make the hair appear choppy. With the puppy I use similar affect as the hair. The key is to
to take your time when you are coloring.





I love how the water colors give the hair and the fur dimension. When I water color I feel so relaxed. The paint just flows. Either medium works well with the stamp. I used my Tom Bow water color markers on this card.

                                                             
                                                                       

Tombows Used:
For the jacket W45, N95 and 076
Hair  and fur - 879 and 969
Pants and Color 493, 569, and 515




                                         


My Facebook page is Creative Paper Crafting with Jacquie. I do lives 2 times a week; Thursday at 7:00 PM EST and Sunday at 3:00 PM EST.  I would love for you to join me on my Facebook page.


No comments:

Post a Comment