Pages

Saturday, October 12, 2019

MyBesties - Halloween images



Friday night during my regularly scheduled, “live” I used two images from MyBestiesShop. I just adore these cute images. For me, last night was wonderful – it was my first official DT project for My Besties. These images will be released soon.

This card was a bit different for me. I felt outside my comfort zone, but wanted to show that you can have fun, use different products, and make Halloween card.  The skin and hair color were a bolder choice than my normal flesh and brunette tones.

I really enjoyed making this card.  I generally use Copics to color, but wanted to show that you can use any alcohol markers that you have.  I used my Spectrum Noir, Illustrators, and Tri Blends by Crafter Companions

I started with the Spectrum Noirs several years ago, and actually love them very much to this day. They are just as good as the Copics, but a better price point for beginners.

The colors I that I used are were a variety of spectrum noir and illustrators:

  • The moon – CT1, CT2, and CT3. I added a smidgen of CT4. I also used Mb1 in the decay.
  • The skin – YG1, YG2, and YG3. I wanted the skin to have a ‘greenish” glow.
  • Eyes – I love to use gelli pens and for this image, I used the green.
  • Hair – DR7, DR3, and DR1. Even though the hair is a maroon color, you still use a dark, medium, and highlight tone.
  • Lips – CR11 and Cheeks AP1. I love my Besties to have lots of pretty pink on their faces, even if they are green faces.
  • Book – OR1 and OR2. I used a black multiliner to write the title, “Going Batty”. A fun touch.
  • For the small flowers I used BO2 and on the leaves YG3.
  • Clothing on the larger image – VB3, VB2, and VB3. I USED CR11 on her socks.
  • Clothing on the smaller image – AB2 and AB3.
  • For the bats, I used a variety of colors. I wanted to make sure each one stood out from the other. You can use any combination that you like.  I did use – FS6, FS7, FS8, GB 1, GB3, GB5, GB8, GB10, IG2, IG4, IG6, and IG8. I used the blender pen sparingly too.
  • For the background, I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks – Sugared Lemonade. Salty Ocean, Stormy Sky, Blueprint Sketch, Hickory Smoke, Pale Fig, Mowed Lawn, Sage, and Pine Needles. I also used perfect pearls mixed with water to create the stars by splattering them on. Once they dried, they were so shiny.


I simply used black glitter paper to mat the card, which was 8 x 8. A rather large card, but I wanted to use both adorable images.

No comments:

Post a Comment