Pages

Saturday, October 19, 2019

Fall Bestie Doll 16 - She is my favorite pumpkin in the patch, for sure!



I just love the image I used for my latest card, FallBestie Doll 16. Isn’t she just adorable?

You can find this image by artist Sherri Baldy, online in her store. She is a phenomenal artist. 

I used a combination of Spectrum Noir Originals and Illustrators by Crafters Companion.  I selected these markers, as I love their shades of orange and greens.

For this image, I used the following:

  •  Pumpkin – B02, B03, and OR1 and for the inside of the pumpkin I used MB1
  •   Leaves and vines – YG1, YG2, and YG3,
  •   Hair – B02, and B03
  •   Skin – FS6, FS7, and FS8. For the cheeks PP6 and for the lips AP3.
  •  Shirt – AB3, VB2, and VB3.
  •   Pants, hat, and scarf– VB3 (cuff), AP1 and AP3
  •  Sunflowers – GB1, GB2, GB3, and TN7


I love using inks to create fun backgrounds. For this image, I used distress inks:
·         squeezed lemonade, mustard seed, tea dye, and bundled sage
For the grass:
·         bundled sage and pine needles

I created the sentiment “You’re the best pumpkin in the patch” on my computer and printed on card stock. I edged it with Cajun craze from Stampin Up!  I used Crafters Companion marker paper for the image with the grass and Sweet Sentiment marker paper for the image without the grass. As you can see, they are both wonderful. I look for paper that will allow the alcohol ink to layer without absorbing into the paper. Both papers are ideal.

I often envision scenes in my head, so I experimented and created one card with tall strands of grass and one without. The point is to have fun and to experiment. As my friend Dawn says, it is only paper.




You can watch the video tutorial on my YouTube channel at: Creative Paper Crafting with Jacquie YouTube

Thank you, and happy crafting! Always have fun when you are creating your art.

No comments:

Post a Comment